Custom Domain - Access for Clients

website-publishing

Hi,

I have a custom domain (rather than using axshare.com, so the domain is branded for my business), which I want to be able to use for multiple clients to access their wireframes. It seems I have to setup a domain for each client?

Is there a way around this? I don’t to want to buy a domain for each client, but would like to have something like:

www.businessportal.com/client1
www.businessportal.com/client2
www.businessportal.com/client3

etc.

Each client would need access to their own wireframes.

Can I use subdomains? Or is there another way to use one domain for multiple clients? Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Many thanks.

Hi France62 ,

Firstly, I do want to mention that you can still use AxShare to point to a custom domain. Here’s how:

1. If you haven’t done so already, create an account on AxShare via <share.axure.com>.

2. Then, follow the steps here to create a CNAME pointing to “share.axure.com”:

Website Hosting Tutorial | Axure

1. Once that’s done, go to “Customize Your Domain” from the “Branding” tab of the AxShare interface. The “Branding” tab is where you’ll find the account-level controls as opposed to just the individual project-level controls. Once your domain has been confirmed, the generated URL for each prototype will look something this: <businessportal.com/projectID>.

If you’d rather not use AxShare, you can just generate the HTML files for your project via “Publish > Generate HTML Files”, and then place the output folder on your server via FTP. Here’s a post that gives detailed information about setting up your own server and web domain:

(Answered) Uploading your Axure prototype to a domain (www.example.com)

The next step will depend on your web hosting provider, but most should generally allow you to create multiple subdomains that point to different websites. Hope this helps!

This would be very useful to me too.
I am currently setting up a new account for each client. If i could manage the clients under one account with
access url: newsletter.THEIRCOMPANY.com
link tracking urls: newsletter.THEIRCOMPANY.com/d/bv/sewd/etcthat would be great. Web Designing Training in Chennai :slight_smile: | PHP Training in Chennai :slight_smile:

All above is clear. But when I publish new prototype, I can only replace it for domain, not to add.
Can you please tell how to assign prototypу for separate link?

Hi Ester,

Are you trying to have the same domain for all of your prototypes or are you trying to use different domains for different prototypes? If you want the same domain for all of your prototypes, then you’ll want to go to the “Domain” tab, delete the domain that you added, and then go to the “Branding” tab and add that domain to the section under “Want More? Customize your Domain”:

Clicking the “Change” button and adding your domain there will allow that domain to be used for all of your AxShare projects. If it tells you that the domain is already in use, then make sure that you don’t have that domain added already in the “Domain” tab.

Hopefully this helps! Feel free to clarify your question if you still need assistance.

Seems like this is all outdated and these links don’t actually work anymore.

Does Axure still allow me to use www.mydomain.com/prototype1, www.mydomain.com/prototype2, etc?

If so, where are the current instructions?

Hi kennlucas!

The feature to add a custom domain to Axure Share projects has been deprecated with Axure Share’s move to enforced HTTPS. You can read more about that here:

Moving forward, if you wish to use a custom domain with your Axure project, you will want to generate the HTML files for the project, and then upload those to a web server via FTP:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/viewing-and-sharing-html-output#self-hosting_on_your_web_server

Hopefully this helps a bit!

1. Once that’s done, go to “Customize Your Domain” from the “Branding” tab of the AxShare interface. The “Branding” tab is where you’ll find the account-level controls as opposed to just the individual project-level controls. Once your domain has been confirmed, the generated URL for each prototype will look something this: <businessportal.com/projectID>.

If you’d rather not use AxShare, you can just generate the HTML files for your project via “Publish > Generate HTML Files”, and then place the output folder on your server via FTP. Here’s a post that gives detailed information about setting up your own server and web domain:
[Java Training in chennai]( java training in chennai)