Custom Fonts in AxShare? (Viewing customized font into AxShare)

I’m using custom, sketchy fonts in a prototype that I want to share with AxShare. Can I define somewhere, that the text should be rendered as images?

There isn’t an option in AxShare to automatically convert the text to images.

However, in Axure RP if you use button shapes you can right-click “Edit Button Shape > Convert Shape and Text to Image” to convert your sketchy text to image.

Alternatively, each computer viewing the prototypes can install the font.

We’re considering ways of allowing for webfonts in the prototypes.

It would be great if you could at least add support for the Axure Handwriting font as a starting place.

…by this I mean to host the font on your server along with required JS for font-replacement. These could be requested in the head of any generated prototypes on AxShare.

I don’t really want to hack everything and turn it all into images. There is enough of that kind of bloat going on already.

I realy would like to have this Option. Perhaps You guys can implement the google webfonts? Or even the webfonts i already have on my system.

Hi all,

We have finally started supporting “Axure Handwriting” on AxShare. This means that if you upload to AxShare any client should be able to see it. No installing the font, no converting Button Shapes to Images and no terrible Render Text Panels as Images property that didn’t even work on AxShare anyway.

Let me know if you have any problems with this. We are still working on a solution to allow a broader set of web fonts, but hopefully this should help alleviate some of the need in the meantime.

Hi. Great! Thanks… But I’m having some trouble when using characters with accents and in bold style. See attached image:

For instance, in the image, you can see

‘QuË Ès un wireframe?’

and should say

‘Què és un wireframe?’

Thanks again for a great tool!

Update: This is fixed now. AxShare should already be working, re-upload your .rp file if necessary. An update shouldn’t be necessary, but get the latest Axure 7.0 here, Update To Latest Version | Axure.

Thanks for pointing this out. We were able to reproduce it. We think it has something to do with the conversion tool we used to make the web fonts that Chrome and Firefox use. We will keep investigating and see what we can do.

For the short term, you could use Internet Explorer to view the prototype, if you are on the PC. If you are on the Mac I am afraid the only solution I can find is to not use bold for those characters, maybe just use a slightly larger font for the headers.

We’ll investigate and I’ll keep you posted.

Update: This is fixed now. AxShare should already be working, re-upload your .rp file if necessary. An update shouldn’t be necessary, but get the latest Axure 7.0 here, Update To Latest Version | Axure.

Sorry, I do have another workaround. If you need Bold text with characters with accents, you can put it on a Button Shape, style it exactly how you want it, then ‘Right-click -> Edit Button Shape -> Convert Shape and Text to Image’. This will break interactions like setting the text dynamically and makes it difficult to make slight changes to the text later, but at least it will get something up there for you.

This is a huge blocker for us using AxShare right now. Please try to focus on this.

This is a big blocker for me too. I LOVE using FontAwesome in my prototypes (vector icons, hurray!) but Axshare doesn’t work so that breaks my workflow.

If people are following this thread - They will be happy to know that I have gotten Googlewebfonts working in Axure - no coding on the designer’s part. I am also currently working on integrating FontAwesome. I should have it uploaded soon.

Please let me know when you have FontAwesome working. Have you tried TypeKit?

Typekit has a pricetag - which wouldn’t be easy to integrate. As far as font awesome is concerned, I have already gotten glyphs to work:

see: SPRITES - animations, icon selections: row and grid

how about Free fonts | Edge Web Fonts | Edge Tools & Services | Adobe & HTML - would that be good enough - that is easy to implement.

Font Awesome has arrived!: It’s here font-awesome

I also have other regular webfonts working but there are just too many to do on a free budget - if you have a specific edge or google font you want let me know and I can make it happen.

Awesome - thanks gejoreni!!

Hey,
I also describe in my book (see link below) how to add custom fonts in your Axure prototypes.
You might want to check it out…

Best
l.

Hi,

The Axure handwriting font used to work perfectly on Axshare when we were using the working 6.5.
Since publishing from was 7.x neither our co-workers and more clients can see scribbled wireframes any more.

Can someone from staff address this? We are kind of desperate here…
Thank you in advance

Jan

Hi all,

We were thinking about using our new Web Fonts method for Axure Handwriting, Web fonts & Font Mapping.

However, we decided to use the old 6.5 auto include method for Axure Handwriting to make it easy peasy. Just use Axure Handwriting and AxShare should “know” to include the Web Font for you.

Let me know if you or the people you’re sending prototypes to are still having any trouble seeing Axure Handwriting!

Get the latest 7.0 beta here, Download V7 Beta | Axure. (AxShare is already on the latest :wink: )

Hi Ian,

Is there a way to specify an external CSS library such as Fontawesome to lead in axshare?

bests,
George