Do I need to create a shared project to allow multiple people to publish the same file?

I created a template for my team to use for their large-scale projects that includes a ton of things. I just sent this document to my contractor and he can’t publish it without first doing save as.

The point of this is to create 1 URL to distribute among stakeholders for them to monitor progress, so this document is intended to be fluid and regularly updated. If more than 1 person touches this file, they are unable to upload to the same URL it seems.

Do I have to start over?

Hi psievert,

If you want multiple people to be able to upload to the same AxShare ID, then what you’ll want to do is make use of the Workspaces feature on AxShare. To do that, log in to your AxShare account and create a new folder. Place the project within that folder, and then share it with the people who will also be working on it. They will receive the email invitations via email (be sure you send it to the email that they used for their AxShare accounts), which will allow them to download, edit, and upload the file to the same AxShare ID. Here’s a bit about the Workspaces feature:

Axure Forums - Introducing Workspaces – A New Way to Organize Your Projects

The downside to Workspaces is that if multiple people intend to work on the same project at the same time, then only the file that was last uploaded will be visible to your stakeholders. For example, if user A makes changes to page 1 and uploads the file, but then user B makes changes to page 2 and uploads after user A, the AxShare link will only show the file uploaded by user B. No changes to page 1 will be recorded.

The best way for your team members to work simultaneously on different parts of the project while avoiding overwriting anybody else’s work is to use the Team Projects feature. If you take the most up to date RP file and create a Team Project from it, then everyone should be able to begin working together on that project. If you need the stakeholders to see the most up to date version of that file, you can export the Team Project to an RP file and upload the file to AxShare.

Hopefully that helps!

Is there a way using a team project to have either of two people able to publish? I work jointly with a colleague on two projects and either of us needs to be able to publish the project (without changing the URL link) when one of us is unavailable

Hi KSC,

I believe Alyssa’s suggestion may apply to your team as well. That is, you can place the AxShare prototype in a Shared Workspace in your portal account, at <share.axure.com>. This specific section may help:

https://www.axure.com/learn/axshare/basics#u249

If the prototype now exists in “My Projects”, you’ll want to create a new workspace via the “New Workspace” button. My Projects is your personal folder which cannot be shared. But if you click to open your new workspace, you’ll see the “invite people” link beside the “shared with” area. With that feature, you can invite your teammate to this workspace containing the prototype. In turn s/he’d be able to upload to the same AxShare project ID from her instance of RP. HTH!

After searching, this article helped me immensely understand the team project workflow basics. Thanks.

Hi,

My colleague already created an Axshare prototype and published the links. Now we would like to apply the “folder solution” you suggested, so that the changed file can be published by more than one person. Does that action change the links to the prototype? If so, we will have to distribute the new links to all stakeholders, an action that we would like to avoid. :wink:

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jens

Hi Jens,

It sounds like you have existing Axure Share prototypes that you would like to allow multiple people to publish to. To do this, you will want to have the person who uploaded the original prototypes log in to their Axure Share account on <share.axure.com> and create a new workspace. Once the workspace is made, they can select the prototypes that they want to share and use the “Move” option to move them into the shared workspace. They can then invite everyone to that workspace so that the other users can see and upload to those Axure Share IDs. This will not change the existing Axure Share IDs/URLs.

Hopefully this helps!

closed #8

unlisted #9

archived #10