Double Click is also engaging the single click command

Hello,

I need help figuring this out.

Intended function is to;

Single click - opens the record.

Double Click - edits the field/text being clicked on.

Problem:

When I double click, it does both the single and double click functionality.

Anything you can advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

You’ll want to put a wait in to see if the double click is fired and then perform your action. I can give a more specific example if you can share your RP file, but without seeing it, take a look at this example.

The example uses a global variable (You can also set text on a hidden widget if you prefer)… on click sets the variable to single, on double click updates to double. Wait 400 ms (give axure a chance to determine if there was a double click) and then move itself by 0,0. I put the logic on the move to perform an action if the variable is “single” and a different action if it’s “double”:

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Single vs Double.rp (48.9 KB)

Thank you for your reply. I would assume that the backend Axure program would inheritly distinguish the difference between a single and double click. That not being the case, I followed your tip.

With that said, this solution worked!

I followed the example exactly (except I didn’t need to use a hide command). For the “Show” commands I just cut and pasted my commands (that I previously created under “OnClick” and “OnDoubleClick”

Great! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.