Font Awesome Widget Library for RP 8 (Icon Fonts)

here is a link to the updated version https://github.com/duzyn/fontawesome-axure-library its version 4.1.0

Thanks, Tiago, it was version 4.1, not 4.2.

Hello Brett, thanks for sharing but the link goes to 4.1 version. Could you check the link?

It would be great to apply this as a global setting in Axure, instead of having to update each time you create a new project. I find myself having to visit this thread to find the link to the css file each time.

OK, I’ve been using this method for a very like time, but haven’t used axure in a month or so. I just opened it up to work on a project and all of the sudden FontAwesome isn’t working anymore and I have no idea why?

When I drag a font widget to the work area it shows the correct icon, but when I release my mouse it immediate changes back to a wingding sort of thing

I have a project that I need to get out to my team… any assistance would be extremely welcome!

Again, I’ve set up my system just as Paul has suggested at the top of this thread. I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled fontAwesome again, just in case Yosemite was doing something funky. I then grabbed the fontAwesome v4.2.0 version and installed that and then used the following URL:http://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.css Which does exist… and still nothing. This is driving me crazy!

One more thing, the file is saved in my Box directory, but I saved another version to my desktop and it does the same thing…

OK, this is very strange… I checked a different file that appears to be setup exactly the same, but FontAwesome works perfectly. So, I imported the screens from the bad file into a new one (which I tested with FontAwesome and it worked). However, after import, FontAwesome didn’t work. So, then I copied/pasted the contents of each page into the new file and FontAwesome worked again. No idea what’s going on, but apparently that file, is just totally messed up!

So, thanks for listening, I’m all good now :slight_smile:

Check your page level settings, it might be overriding the Sketch Font (bottom pane/Page Properties pane -> Page Style -> Sketch Effects -> Font) which would cause the odd characters to render (the overriding font wouldn’t have those special characters that FontAwesome uses).

All,
Attached is library file that matches the Fontawesome 4.2 version.

FontAwesomeV4.2.rplib (5.82 MB)

Enjoy

love this!

Several things in the Version 4.2 are fake, like share icon with three dots connecting together and many more… Be careful using them.

Hi All!

Couple of questions and a learning:

Where can you see a list of the new icons from 3.2.1 moving into 4.2? I know Bootstrap has posted the changes for 4.3 but doubt those included any of the earlier upgrades.

Also, have you found a 4.2 copy of the font? I found on github the latest 4.3 version.

One learning when upgrading from 3.2.1 to 4.2:

• if you are reusing an old 3.2.1 file, even after you reinstall the updated 4.2 FA font and add the new library, some icons won’t work
  • the problem is that the associated style, FontAwesome, gets broken: since you reinstalled the font, the style is now not associated with any font. To fix it, just go to the style and reassigned it back to FontAwesome (and add vertical/horizontal alignment = center).

light_forger

Hi Folks,

I’ve used V3.2.1 in the past. Now I tried to upgrade it to version 4.3. However, without any success.

Is there anybody who could write a similar post like Paul did in 2011 (First Post - about how to install V3.2.1)

As far as I could see there is no library for 4.3 available. I read that you could copy/past icons from the webpage. However it is not that easy like ctrl c & ctrl v. Need some explanation regarding that as well.

Regards & Thanks

Huseyin

All,

Attached is the FontAwesome v4.3 library. I took the v4.1 library and updated all icons (so all icons are actual fonts, not just images). I also standardized all widgets positions, thumbnail usage, and groupings. Now that I know how to do this (took me months to figure out) I’ll try to post an updated library every time FontAwesome is updated. Please make sure to update your local install of FontAwesome as well as your Web Fonts mapping within your prototype.

Link to updated FontAwesome download files - Font Awesome, the iconic font and CSS toolkit
New Web Fonts link on maxcdn - http://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.3.0/css/font-awesome.min.css

Enjoy!
FontAwesomeV4.3.rplib (4.21 MB)

I have just loaded this version, removed previous versions, updated the font and the glyphs are no longer reading correctly.

I tried to copy and paste, but while this is initially successful, if I change the alignment, the character changes to a little flag type icon in a box.

[EDIT]To quote an oft relied upon methodology…

“Hello, IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?” Roy. The IT Crowd

Working now.

Hi James,

Yeah once you update the library and the local install of the font you have to close out of Axure and re-open to get the font to work again. I’m glad that it is working for you!

This is very useful Thank you so much

Is there a way or workaround to get Font Awesome working on a ‘sketch’ style prototype?

It seems that when the page sketch settings dictate the prototype to be in ‘Axure Handwriting’ font, that clearly font awesome gets shown incorrectly in Axure Handwriting too.

Hi Meirion,

I’m afraid there isn’t a great workaround in this scenario. As you’ve encountered, the Page Style font would override each widget’s selected font, on the given Page. When the Font Awesome font is overridden, the respective icon in the project would display incorrectly.

Given this, one alternative might be to apply the Axure Handwriting font in your default Widget Style (or a Custom Widget Style), instead of under the Page Style’s Sketch Effects. This way, you could still modify the “Sketchiness” effect, but you wouldn’t apply the Page Style font across the entire Page at once.

Hope this helps.
Alex

That’s a good idea Alex, I’ll give it a go. Thanks.

I’m feeling a bit foolish, but I’m also running into issues installing this. Step 1 has “Open the “Font” folder and install the font” as a step, but I’m not sure how to do that. There doesn’t seem to be an executable file, so does it need to be pulled into Axure from the program itself?

I’m working for a large, engineering-based company and just found out that installing non-approved fonts on my machine is going to require an act of Congress.
Has someone created an .rplib file of the FontAwesome icons that does not require installing the font itself? It would probably require less time and energy if we buy it rather than try to get a non-standard font approved through IT!

Hi Bryan,

Without being able to install the font locally, you’re going to run into the trouble of either not being able to see the correct icons as you’re working in Axure RP (this will happen if you try to use one of the attached libraries or Unicode characters) or using something like a .png collection, which loses the very smooth scaling of a font and the ability to change colors on the fly, among other things. If you’re interested in the .png route, you can find a downloadable version of the Font Awesome collection here:

Font Awesome +360 free icons (SVG, EPS, PSD, PNG files)

I haven’t seen this packaged as an .rplib, but depending on your exact needs it could work to simply drag and drop the images into Axure RP.

Regards,
Jonathan