Help with Link to an external URL

I was hoping someone could help me out. I’m trying to create a prototype to send out to a few people by providing them with the AxShare link, but the hotspot/button shape/rectangle widgets won’t allow for me to open the external link in the same window. It seems to work out find if I open it in a new window though (only other hack that I could think of doing, is confusing my co-workers, and having it open it in the new window, while closing the old window… which won’t allow my co-workers to go back in case of an accidental click.)

If anyone could help me out by providing me with a way/trick to have a AxShare link open up a live page, that would be fantastic!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey officialsidekick,

It sounds like you’re having trouble opening links in the current window. Are you opening links via the “Open Link” action in the case editor? If so, then by default when you select that action the dropdown menu sets the link to open in “Current Window”, which should do what you’re looking to achieve. Here’s a screenshot:

In the bottom portion of that dialog you should be able to set up your external link so that those open in the current window.

If you have already set up your links like that but they aren’t working, then could you let us know what sort of trouble you’re experiencing when you try to click the links? Also, would you mind posting the file that you’re working on so that I can take a look? If you’d rather keep it confidential then you can send it over to support@axure.com so that we can take a look for you.

I am having the same problem. I’ve set everything as shown, but specific websites won’t load in the current window, but will load in a new window/tab. For example, www.nespresso.com.

I found a workaround. I think it has to do with the requested site refusing to load within Axure’s iframe.

Instead of “Open Link” use “Open Link in Frame > Parent Frame”

It will remove the Axure sidebar, but it works enough for me.

Please see attached test file for reference.

I am having the same problem. I’ve set everything as shown, but specific websites won’t load in the current window, but will load in a new window/tab. For example, www.nespresso.com.

I found a workaround. I think it has to do with the requested site refusing to load within Axure’s iframe.

Instead of “Open Link” use “Open Link in Frame > Parent Frame”

It will remove the Axure sidebar, but it works enough for me.

Please see attached test file for reference.

Hey dhammy0110,

I think it has to do with the requested site refusing to load within Axure’s iframe.

That’s exactly it. If you pop open your browser’s console and then try to load the page in your original manner, you’ll see an error like this:

Refused to display ‘https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘SAMEORIGIN’.

That means that the site you’re trying to load has set its ‘X-Frame-Options’ header such that the page won’t load in a frame with a different origin, such as the preview server, locally-stored html, or axshare.com. This is a security measure used by some sites. If you’re curious, you can read more about the ‘X-Frame-Options’ header here:

As you’ve found, the only workaround is to load the page outside of the Axure sitemap pane.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey officialsidekick,

I have the same problem but I found the reason from the official document in axure
Move to the “limitations”, it said that Websites can choose to block the ability to embed their page in another page. Some examples of sites that cannot be embedded in an inline frame widget are Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Twitter. .
Since I want to link the local file, so i found the solution in the next note and made it worked via “Publish > Generate HTML Files” .
Hope this will help you.

Best,
Liujt