How to put button in new widget (to prevent it from pushing down)

I have created an accordion-like functionality and I want everything to be pushed down except for a button underneath it all.

I have read through similar problems in the forum but it seems the solution is to place the button inside a widget by itself and make this container widget’s height above the other elements.

This should be straightforward but I can’t figure out how.

I mean, I can place a new widget on the page but how on earth do I get the button to be “inside” it? If I just put it inside it - and it seems to be visually inside it, it doesn’t work - it is still pushed down :-/

Not sure but maybe lock option solves your problem

Hi!

Assuming that your accordion is using push/pull, one solution would be to place everything but this button (that you don’t to move) inside of a fit-to-content dynamic panel. Push/pull of objects inside of a dynamic panel will not move any object outside of this dynamic panel.

How do you do that? How do I make sure they are inside of a dynamic panel? Whenever I try something like that it seems that they are just a layer on top of it, not really inside it. Is there something I need to do to get it to really be inside the panel?`

And where is the panel - I can’t find that component?

Yes, it’s not very intuitive. Select everything except for the button, right-click on the selection, and choose Convert to Dynamic Panel.