Inline frame video

Sorry guys, again, could someone please tell us if this can be done in Axure?

If you take a look carefully at this link of “TED Talks videos”, (we want to have the same video playing), meaning if you scroll Down, the big screen video disappear and a smaller one appear, else the other way around, the small disappear and the big reappear.

Can we do the same in Axure while using the same inline frame video while being played?

In other words if the video is playing, it will continue and not start another one, is it possible in Axure?

So far, we know;

1. It’s doable if you are not using the same video being played, although we do not want to have another one started…

2. It’s doable by moving and resize window, although its get quite complicated the interaction of it since we do not want to place the video exactly like in TED, instead we want to have it at different places…

So again, can do this by using the same video be played and display it at different places? Doable in Axure?

https://www.ted.com/talks/christoph_niemann_you_are_fluent_in_this_language_and_don_t_even_know
_it

Thank you in advance!
Luc.

inline_video.rp (43.1 KB)

Please check the attached rp file.

Thanks,
Vikram

Hi Vikram -

Thank although with all due respect, not sure you understand what I meant, since your file is just showing an inline frame with a link.

What we need is to have the same animation, meaning if you scroll Down, the big screen video disappear and a smaller one appear, else the other way around, the small disappear and the big reappear.

Can we do the same in Axure while using the same inline frame video?

Your file just show an inline frame with a link :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Luc.

inline_video_V2.rp (56.2 KB)

Thank you, although you are using another video. We understand this concept as we have done the same. The question was can we do the same in Axure while using the same inline frame video?

In other words if the video is playing, it will continue and not start another one, is it possible in Axure?

You could try moving and resizing the ifrane. Have you tried that yet? I’m on my phone right now so can’t check at the moment.

I hear your, I did this as well and it is complicated depending where you want the video to be located, transition can be slow and annoying… Just thought if there would be a way to play a video and use the same video playing at other places as well…

@splix,

I don’t think it’s going to be possible to load multiple video instances and synchronize their playback. You might be able to use javascript injection to do this but you’d still get some lag between the video copies, I’d think.

Try this one out though… I thought the same thing as nkrisc --resize and move the inline frame. I put the two header styles and the video in a dynamic panel, pinned to the browser. When the video is big, I move the default small header to [[-Window.ScrollY]] and the video in the same way to counteract the “browser pin” so they move with main page content. Then, when the big video scrolls all the way up, I show the “real pinned header” and size and move the video to the top left, just as the TED site does. If you want to move the small video somewhere other than the top left, you can just move (and resize if needed) the smallVidPos widget.

inline_video_V3.rp (60.5 KB)

For me, on Windows with Chrome, Firefox or Edge, the transition appears as quick as it does in the TED site…

1 Like

Hi Vikramadhithan -

You will see a page name Challenge with explanation in it. Any idea? mbc66 what kind of enough to give it a try. Any ways to do this without implicating such JS ? Any contacts or suggestion that could have an idea? Thank! Splix.

Inline_Frame_Challenge.rp (91.5 KB)

Hi splix,
I hope I have fixed your challenges. Please check and let me know.

1. I am using only one frame
  2. I am moving and resizing frame
  3. Checking the conditions in onclick menus and page scroll.

Thanks,
VikramInline_Frame_Challenge_fixed.rp (126.6 KB)