Macbook M1 / Bg Sur Compatibility

1. Has anyone tried Axure RP 9 with Big Sur and M1 (macbook pro, macbook air, mac mini)?
  2. Any timeline for an M1 native code version of Axure RP 9?

I’m currently on a 2016 macbook pro 15", a beefy computer yet slugish for Axure. In theory even a Rosetta version of the app on an M1 will run faster. In practice I’ve seen a lot of talk of instability on Big Sur.

I have installed it and I run Axure.
I didn’t load ant rp yet or even try to login with my account to see full cycle.
Hope that will help you.
Enjoy M1 speed but you need to expect a few crashes in some Apps until stability is reached.

1 Like

Its actually working fine but not like other native apps for m1 Macs
hope Axure team release an update for m1 Macs Axure

I run it for a few weeks… it works - kind - of ok, but not very performant. Had some occasional weird issues (e.g. copy images out of Axure and paste it in any other app led to those apps to crash).

That sounds similar to Axure RP on my intel MBP 15". Hopefully when they do the m1 upgrade they also fix some of the general mac OS instability.

It can run on a Mac with M1 chip, but the performance is affected, most intuitively, when dragging a certain component, it always feels that the frame rate is not enough, and there is a lag.

I’m on a M1 Macbook Air, and Axure runs great… for a while. I have to shut it down and reopen it as it slowly grabs more and more memory like Chrome on steroids. I’ve seen it with 32+GB. And MacOS starts to flip out and do some really weird stuff.

There may also be an issue with Big Sur regardless of M1/Intel -> I have crashes in check-in procedures of team files with Big Sur (on an Intel based Macbook Pro)

Addendum: Removal of Symantec Protection Suite and replacing it with Microsoft ATP solved that check-in issue (if there is 100% correlation I can’t tell for sure of course)

我们需要M1,目前运行太卡顿了,希望可以出M1 适配的Axure

Hi @KeithS

We now have a Beta build of Axure RP 10 that runs natively on Macs with Apple Silicon (Arm-based Macs). You can find the download link for the build along with more information at the following forum post: