MOBILE APPS and Testing Platforms

PROBLEM 1:
Watching users faces during testing sessions, made me realise that a normal browser experience with pages and address bars etc. create most of the negative feelings a tester gets. This is what I call for Mobile Apps, a Bad Browser Experience. ;-(

SOLUTION 1.
The Axure Share app with a downloaded local prototype solves the vast proportion of HTML based prototypes in a browser (thank you axre) but this leads to the next problem…

PROBLEM 2.
To get the above testing experience the app is required and yet I see no way to share except by a url …which leads to a bad browser experience.

SOLUTION 2.
Not the best solution but testers could install the app and sign in to an Axure share account you have created for that prototype, for the most realistic app experience. … which leads to the next problem

PROBLEM 3.
All testing platforms I have tested require a url (bad browser experience) or for you to build the prototype in their platform…

WE NEED SOLUTION 3. PLEASE HELP
…How do we Remotely test a prototype within the Axure share app?

AXURE …PLEASE… You have the best platform for delivery of an html mobile app prototype. Please add some features to track or record testers experiences.

Hi maabo!

Thanks very much for the feedback. I’ll be sure to pass this along to our respective teams so that we can further evaluate the features that you’re looking for.

In the meantime, would it help to open the prototype in the browser of the mobile device and then add the prototype to the Home Screen? On an iPhone device with Safari, this is available by clicking on the middle icon of the browser page and clicking on the “Add to Home Screen” button. On Android devices with Chrome, this is available by clicking on the three dot icon on the top-right corner of the browser page and clicking on the “Add to Home screen” menu item. This will add the prototype page to your device’s Home Screen so that you can open the page directly, without needing to open the Axure Share mobile app or the browser app. You also have the option of customizing the Home Screen icon in Axure RP (“Publish > Generate HTML Files > Mobile/Device”). This option wouldn’t work for locally downloaded prototypes (i.e. you would still need internet to access the prototypes from the Home Screen), but I’m hoping this option may get you closer to what you’re looking for.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Yep. I have tried running that app from home screen this does remove the address bar etc but its laggy.

If you create the prototype as more than one html page, the address bar shows on each page launch and this is not convincing as an app.

Axure thankfully gives us the ability to create a single page html prototype but this of course loads everything into one page. Downloading the app locally allows this to run perfectly. Running type of single page prototype via URL seems to tax the browser more and its laggy. Laggy = not convincing