Need a list of Axure's advantages over other design/prototyping tools

I need to make a case for using Axure at my company. Most of the designers here use and are satisfied with UXPin for their prototyping, and that tool has admittedly gotten a lot more sophisticated in that regard. However, I haven’t found anything that matches Axure for complex prototyping (except for Justinmind, which is maybe just behind Axure), and I need to point out what Axure can do that others can’t. Any suggestions?

Right now, I have variables, repeaters, editable masters, conditional logic. But I need to be able to express the benefits of such things, and I’m having trouble with that.

I had a QA guy once ask me how to get rid of a You have unsaved changes dialog. My answer was “Click Save.”

It’s about more than a list of features, it’s about building an environment rather than painting a sequence of screens that represent a desired flow of interaction.

I have our entire enterprise admin platform in one Axure file. Every piece of navigation, multi-select tables that present accurate “‘n’ selected” values, repeater tables w/ pagination and functioning column sorts/search filters - I’ve built Content Moderation features, Localization frameworks, Bulk Actions… all inside that “environment.” Each time, stake holders and engineers were able to USE the feature, (down to error handling) in the clearest form of communication between engineer and designer that’s possible. Heck, I’ve got functioning drag and drop re-ordering tables.

Using masters and styles, I have a Style Guide page that contains every element in the platform. Changing something there and updating its style changes everything on the other side of every link ever sent out because the environment is a living system. If, tomorrow, we change text fields to a new style or our User Avatar Control mechanism changes, I do that in one place for ALL of my pages and documentation links.

You also don’t need to put user testing or demos on rails. If you build to that level of detail, you can sit a user down and say “Accomplish Task A” - “What can I click on?” “Whatever you want.”

What about snapshot workflows? You can document flows via Snapshots that change when the source page changes so you don’t have to keep updating documentation when you change a step in a flow - Just connect a bunch of snaphots together in a row.

What about chip entry/assignment fields that can re-size their chips based on whatever the user writes/selects and can be deleted with logic to pull items below up by the size of the chip container when its empty? Dude I could talk about this stuff all day.

Axure is so hardcore that I won’t take a job that won’t let me use it.

Axure is the only prototyping tool that truly mimics a live interface. The user can interact with an interface that accurately represents the live version of the software. There are forms, interactions, hi-fidelity presentation, maths functions that make even complex carts accurate, conditional interactions supporting multiple journeys - there is very little that you cannot mimic in this software. If the organisation’s objective is to understand : how a user will behave when using your software; what a developer should build; the interactions a Front-end dev needs to provide as well as accurately managing stake-holder expectations, then Axure is not so much the best option, as the only option.

Hi! The insights from JimJam and daveyates are excellent–thank you both for chiming in! @snorq Hopefully those insights helped. If you’re interested in further building a case for your team, you can reach out to support@axure.com with more information about your team, what you work on, and any specific challenges you may be currently running into that might be solved with Axure RP so that we can assist and follow up as needed with more information to help! :slight_smile:

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.