Need to revert from Axure RP9 3673 (Nov 6) - it screws up icon fonts

Some recent change Axure RP9 (I have 3673 release) causes both Fontawesome and Material Icons icons to now appear offset in the wrong location in design view. It makes it impossible to work with them.
I need to revert to a previous version so I can work with my icons.

Why does the release history page show previous releases, but not allow you to download any of them?

Your timely help will be appreciated.

I’m seeing this problem too. Have had to revisit lots of pages with material icons. Forcing the line height or character spacing seemed to help in some cases, in other cases I changed vertical alignment or padding which seemed to fix the problem. In other words, I’m not EXACTLY sure what was the reliable fix :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! To start, I wanted to let you know that you can revert back to our most recent stable build, 3969, by downloading the installer on our site here. If you are using a Windows 10 machine, you may need to uninstall Axure RP 9 before installing this previous build.

To further investigate the cause of this behavior, please send along the following information:

1. What version of these Font Awesome and Material Icons fonts are in use when you experience this behavior?
  2. Is this issue occurring when previewing your projects locally with the “Preview” button, or when publishing your projects to Axure Cloud?
  3. Are you seeing this issue when working with a Mac operating system or a Windows operating system. What version of the operating system are you using?
  4. If you’re able to reproduce this issue in a sample file, please feel free to send this along for review. If you’re only seeing this behavior in a particular project file, or you would prefer not to post project files to the forum, you can email the file to our support team at support@axure.com. If you do write in via email, please feel free to include a note regarding this forum topic and the additional information described above.

Can’t really send through my file, but for what it’s worth:

1. Material Icons v 1.011
  2. Preview and published version match, but do not match the canvas in Axure. (Note that this is after ensuring line spacing and character spacing are explicitly set)
  3. Windows 10 - up to date
  4. I can’t easily make a sample file at the moment, sorry.

Actually here’s an example of font rendering challenges I was able to isolate relatively easily. Not specific to icons. Text on the Axure canvas is rendered differently to in the browser (preview or published).

Note that all text elements have explicitly set line height and character spacing.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Font problems.rp (149.0 KB)
https://s156ld.axshare.com

Pic is screenshot from Chrome on Windows 10. Edge is the same.

I have the same setup and experienced the same problem. Reverting to 3661 solved it.

AXURE Folks: How hard would it be for you to simply put links to each version for each release on the revision history page? That would allow us to self-serve diagnose this stuff. We’d avoid getting our work completely STALLED and we could help you guys isolate problems for better fixes.

Just a thought,

-Bill