Pin to browser and lightbox behaviour on interations issue

hi to all.
in a project i have a master pinned to browser on top center.
when i show on the page a dinamic panel as lightbox, if inside the lightboxed dinamic panel i show a hidden element, the pinned element to browser appear in front of the lightbox effect.
has anyone already suffer this weird behaviour?

best regards

@cablewalker,

No, I haven’t noticed this kind of thing. I tried to create something based on your description, but it works fine. Could you post your .rp file? Maybe something else is going on…

Here is my example:
dp lightbox.rp (60.1 KB)

dp lightbox (1).rp (60.0 KB)
@mbc66
yes i missed to refer one thing my bad.
the thing is the hidden element is hidden behind , to avoid overlap on existing content, so i also do a bring to front when i show the hidden element. i changed the example to illustrate it. in attach

Interesting… I get it now. I would not necessarily expect the pinned dp to jump up on top of the lightbox (in z-order) but indeed it does when the hidden object is shown and brought to front. This could be considered a bug or a feature, depending on how you look at it–and your intent for the pinned dp to be “kept in front” which you have specified. So, my guess is that when any widget is brought to front it triggers an event handler for the pinned dp that essentially says, “Hey, I’m supposed to be kept in front of everything.” …But the lightbox effect does not trigger this–or otherwise overrides it. I would also expect this is all handled by the browser and not the Axure code per se. So, fixing it could be difficult or impossible–or unstable. On top of that, Axure already has RP9 in Beta (with a multitude of bug reports for now) so if you wanted to submit a bug report, you might want to see if this still happens in RP9, and if so be prepared to wait a very long time as I expect this would be pretty low priority.

To test this out more for now, I copied everything to Page 1 and used a pinned dp that was not a Master. As I expected it does not have to do with being a Master, just any pinned dp that is “kept in front.”

Then, in Page 2, I kept the hidden widget in front of the “Show Hidden Thing” button. This demonstrates that a hidden widget does not block interaction events for widgets below it (although this used to be the case in Axure, they fixed that long ago.) So that is one possible and easy solution for your issue: just keep your hidden widgets above whatever and don’t bring them to front.

• If you show the hidden widget, then click the “Bring To Front” button, the pinned dp jumps in front of everything.

• If you click the “Bring Hidden Thing To Front” button before showing it, the pinned dp jumps to front. So all this points to the real issue being bringing widgets to front and not just showing hidden widgets.

Page 3 is another possible solution if you want to keep your widget(s) in back and really need to bring them to front instead of just show them. The OnShow event for the “lightbox” dp hides the “header” dp and the OnHide event shows it again. So, not perfect, but chances are users would not notice the header goes away, and if so, it shouldn’t really matter because the lightbox content is important when shown, not the header.

dp lightbox (2).rp (122.8 KB)

unlisted #5