Preview issues - freezing

newbie-question

I built a wireframe with toggles to show and hide as well as several other features. Once I added the show/hide functionality the preview freezes up at several points on the page and makes it unusable when showing the work to my colleagues. I am using Team Edition 8.1.0.3379.

Hi DCraig,

I’m sorry to hear that. To start, could you let me know how big the file is in terms of MB? And how many widgets and dynamic panels are on this page? Does it help with the toggle interactions if you remove some of them?

To further investigate this, would you be able to post your .rp file here for me to test? Please also let me know the show/hide interactions/widgets that are freezing your prototype and the browser you are using to preview. If you’d rather keep the file private, feel free to send that over to support@axure.com. Thanks!

There are several toggles and when I removed them, it started working better. Is there a limit to how many you can use? I would be happy to send you the file to the e-mail provided, but will you know which one is mine?

Hi DCraig,

There is no hard limit to the amount of interactions you can have, but I would like to note that the more interactions/widgets you have on the page, the greater the chance you will see a performance hit in the browser. If you’d like, I’d be happy to take a look at your file to see if there are any optimization routes we could try to speed up your prototype. If you’d rather keep the file private, feel free to send that over to support@axure.com, and I’ll be happy to assist through there.

unlisted #5