Prototypes on a watch/wearable?

Hi @axure is there any current thinking about prototyping for wearables/watches? This is increasingly becoming a request for me as a designer.

Hi wylfing,

I’m currently working on a watch prototype and testing it on my Apple Watch Ultra. Here is one of the most important starting points to do so.

In plugins (or in your list of meta tags in generated html), add these two lines:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no, user-scalable=no" />
	<meta name="disabled-adaptations" content="watch" />

This will ensure the viewport pixel ratio is constant between adaptive views. On Apple Watch Ultra, the logical viewport size is 205px wide.

I will be sharing a file soon that gets the viewport size (window x width), resolution, userAgent, Referrer, language and a mobile flag. What watch/watches are you working on?

Marc

Does this work? That would be a life saver if it did. Gonna try it out.

It is tested on Apple Watch Ultra. My site works (axailabs.com) works as expected. I also shared files and a video in a LinkedIn article recently.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/introducing-axailabs-marc-becquey-ugn4c%3FtrackingId=xcLGsu%2F%2B7HmeKasK7qIlhw%3D%3D/?trackingId=xcLGsu%2F%2B7HmeKasK7qIlhw%3D%3D

You need to target the page directly as well so if your page is called “index”, change the URL in your browser to /index.html instead of start.html…

When publishing, share the link as index as well.

Happy coding!