Relative 'Move to' doesn't work on Axure Share

I’ve created a dynamic pagination widget by using a repeater which adds or removes page numbers by dividing the total number of rows in the repeater.

I’ve also added ‘Next’ and ‘End’ buttons to this pagination, but the position of this pair of widgets needs to change depending on how many page numbers are included.

Therefore, I’ve set up the pagination widget to move the ‘Next/End’ group to its X position + its own length. This works perfectly in browser preview, but when I upload it to Axure Share, it fails to fire - the ‘Next/End’ group sits where it is initially positioned regardless of the changing length of the pagination.

Is this a bug?

Hmm, it’s odd that it works in the preview, but not on Axure Share. Which build of Axure RP 8 are you using, and does the same behavior occur in all browsers or just one specific one?

If you’re able to share the file (or a sample that demonstrates the issue) then this would allow us to take a look at your setup and better determine what’s causing the issue.

In the meantime, if you’re changing the size of your repeater and want it to push/pull widgets outside of the repeater container, then you could try the “push/pull sandwich” method. If you wrap the repeater in a “Fit to Content” dynamic panel, you can then have the action that changes the repeater’s size push/pull the “Next/End” group outside of the repeater’s dynamic panel by doing the following:

1. Hide repeater’s containing dynamic panel with pull
  2. Trigger the action that causes the repeater to resize/redraw
  3. Show the repeater’s containing dynamic panel with push

This should force the dynamic panel containing the repeater to push and pull those buttons as the repeater is resized. Hopefully that helps for now!

Hi Alyssa, I’m using RP8 build 8.0.0.3297.

The issue I see is visible in Chrome and IE11.

I’ll try the other method you suggest as an alternative and see if I can get that to work. Thanks for your help!

Hi Alyssa, just a short update. I tried the method you suggested, but the push/pull mechanic doesn’t work consistently if the panels being pushed/pulled aren’t a few pixels smaller than the panels doing the pushing or pulling. I think this might be due to differences in pixel rendering between preview mode and axure share?

Anyway, I went back to my original method, but added a slow animation so I could see if the move was firing at all, and it wasn’t. After a bit of searching, I discovered a few discussions mentioning inconsistencies in the order of animations and moves firing.

So I added a 200ms wait period to the ‘Move to’ action. I think this allowed enough time for the pagination repeater to completely load itself, so the ‘move to’ action then fired properly. I also moved the action from the widget itself to the page level. It’s now working properly.

Thanks for the pointers though, they helped me narrow down the issue.

unlisted #5