Reset MouseOver state when hidden

Possibly a dumb question - but haven’t bothered to figure it out despite having done a lot of really complex prototypes:

Why does the MouseOver state of a object not get reset to default when the object is hidden?

i.e. I have a close button on a dynamic panel and hover over it and it changes to its mouseover state. The onClick of the button hides the panel. Then another function on the screen causes the panel to reappear, but now the close button is stuck into MouseOver from having had hovered over it to click it when it closed the panel. This mouseover state stays on until you hover on and off the button again.

Is there a way to programmatically(eventwise) fire off something to tell the object to be in its default state, so that I can reset the hoverstate in the onclick as the panel closes? I know you can do that with selected, but how with MouseOver? Otherwise it stays stuck on when the object is redisplayed.

Hopefully my query is clear without me having to do a demo .rp file.

there’s probably a simple work around but it escapes me at present…

thanks

Hi popweb,

Are you previewing your projects in either Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer? If so, it sounds like you’re running into a bug that we’re currently working on. This bug behaves the way you’ve described and affects widgets in dynamic panels as well as groups. If a widget contained in a group or DP has an activated MouseOver interaction style when that group or DP is hidden, it’ll still have that interaction style applied when the group or DP is shown again.

There isn’t a way to remove the MouseOver styling with an action, but simply previewing the prototype in a different browser (such as Google Chrome or Firefox) should work until we have a fix in place.

Actually no - This is occurring in Firefox 47 (don’t use Internet Explorer / Edge as our metrics show Firefox/Chrome/ & Safari the highest users).

So this bug extends to Firefox as well

Ah, right you are–thanks for letting me know! I’ll make sure to update our bug report with this information. In any case, Chrome and Safari both still look to be unaffected by this bug. Hopefully switching to one of those browsers will serve as an acceptable workaround until we’re able to get a fix in place.

thanks - please keep me posted on when this bug is fixed for Firefox.

+1

Any news on this fix? I’d love to see in this in a quick bug fix patch to Axure - this has persisted soooo long and some of my users which test my prototypes are Firefox users and this messes up the whole feel of the interactions by leaving mouseover On when setting a panel state etc.

Can you please fix this for firefox asap?

thanks!!

It looks like the bug is still being investigated, but I’ve updated the bug report to let our team know that this bug is still interfering with user testing.

i thougt to fire the onMouseOut event could help… but it does not.
fixing the bug would be nice.

I tried the same thing and no luck :frowning:

+1 for bug to be solved.
However, if the bug is still persisting, how about resetting panel state “OnHide” event?

What is the status of this Bug?

Hi Herman,

This particular bug has been fixed in the more recent releases of Axure RP. You can download the latest release (8.1.0.3355) from our update page here:

Axure | Update

Please let us know if you have any questions or if you still happen to be running into this bug with the latest build!

closed #13

unlisted #14