.rp file rejected by Gmail

Hello, I have a customer that is attempting to send an .rp file to us but it is getting rejected by Gmail with an error of “552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential 552-5.7.0 security issue.” Now I don’t believe that .rp files would be classified as executables or other file types worth blocking outright, but I am not familiar with the software platform or its file type. Any reason anyone can think of? I have already reached out to G Suite support and they are unsure as well.

Hi! Axure RP’s .rp files are safe to send, however it looks like Gmail blocks .js files, which are one of the types of files that are included in prototypes to allow interactions to happen in the browser. The list of file types that they won’t allow you to attach is in their support site below:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en

In a quick test on my end sending a file via Google Drive should work, which is also their proposed solution. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t believe the customer has Google Drive. It is getting rejected at Google’s servers, not at the origin. I believe they are using Exchange Server, so presumably OneDrive for business. I will try having them try a different method of sharing the file that will bypass this. Thanks for the information. I am glad you were able to provide an answer that clarifies the issue. Thanks again!

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.