Segmented Drag Slider with Dynamic Panel Change on each step

Hi there - I’m trying to create a segmented slider that changes the state of a panel on each segment.
i.e. as user drags slider toggel, it changes the state of the dynamic panel above. Could someone please help me resolve where I might be going wrong?

Segmented Slider.rp (234.0 KB)

The slider I would like to affect is the rainbow slider and the panel above.

Hey there,

So I dug into this a bit, and you have some events that set a text field on drag of the slider. On change of that text field it’s currently set up to set the value of a hidden label to a numeric value with a specified number of decimal places (set to 0). So basically it assigns a value of 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 to this hidden label. This action happens on a widget called curValDisplayer. It also handles “Snapping” of the draggable panel to the appropriate positions.

I can’t tell from your file what the logic for assigning the panel state is supposed to be, but you could add conditions to this curValDisplayer widget to assign the panel state based on the value of the widget. I can show you what I mean if you can provide more details on what state the panel is supposed to be based on the 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 value where 4 is “High” and 0 is “Low”.

1 Like

Hi trevayne.vanniekerk,
Here is a collection of sliders that I have. First on top somehow similar to your case.
slider.rp (858.6 KB)

Regards,
Natalie

1 Like

You are literally a genius of epic proportions. I’ve never seen a collections of sliders like this before! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much - I managed to get help from @bermantellie but your solutions will work going forward. I really appreciate the help and support. (I ALMOST cracked it using your advice) :fist_right:

To create this collection, I used help from many people from this forum. I only adjusted to my needs.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.