Send data to another page (droplist and buttons)

advanced-prototyping

Folks,

i have a question:

How do I send the button information: YES or NOT to another page?

How do I send the droplist information to another page?

Look at this post,

it shoul help you understand Global variables and Set text on Onload

Have fun prototyping,

The droplist that I did is custom made so it is not working, and the button also does not cost to pass the values.

Follow my file if you can help me.

testeDroplist.rp (90.0 KB)

Thanks so much!

Hi there… so for your buttons… It will be much easier to use a single variable and set the variable to the value of the text, rather than having two variables.

On page load of your second page, you’ll need to add an onload event to set the text.

For the dropdown, I added an action on click that sets a new variable. On page load of your last page, set text.

See attached as hopefully an RP file is worth a 1,000 words.

testeDroplist.rp (92.3 KB)

Amazing, you saved my world!
Thank you so much.

Im having the same issue, but can’t figure out how to fix this - any help would be much appreciated.

@JEY- Can you share your RP file so I can see what you’re trying to do?

I can’t upload any files on the computer I am building the prototype on; can I perhaps show you a quick video? The form is very basic…its a typical mortgage application with drop down lists to choose your mortgage term and amortization period. I want to be able to select from the drop down list and when I click submit I want to be able to send that data to another page. I’ve already set these lists and other fields as global variables. The text fields work when typing some information in like your name…but I can’t get the drop down lists to send to another page…they don’t work…I hope this makes sense…

Here’s a super simple sample of what you explained you were trying to do. In the first page I have the dropdowns. You can set the value of the global variables either on change of the dropdown, or on click of the submit button. I did both in the example just to give you a sample of how to do either. Note that if you default the drop down value and want to use the onchange method, you’ll need to set a default value for the global variable. If you set on submit, you won’t have to worry about default values.

On the second page, onpageload, i’m setting the text using the global variables. Have a look and see if you have any questions.

Global Variable Sample.rp (63.2 KB)

Mark, thank you very much; you are a very talented individual - this is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

You’re welcome. Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

Hi Mark, I suspect you can also do the same with calendar date fields and radio buttons; and have this information send to another page?

The events used and the logic might be different based on the input type, but yes, you should be able to pass any value.