Signup to Axure Share not working

When I try to sign up for Axure Share from the browser I can’t – after clicking “sign up” the spinner just keeps on spinning. It’s been like that for the last week or so and it does not seem to be working from the app either. I’m connecting to the internet directly without a proxy and all HTTP/HTTPS traffic is let through unfiltered. It’s the same in Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge (all fairly recent versions).

Hi PeterGyongyosi,

We haven’t seen any recent reports of issue with signing up for AxShare, so I was hoping to ask you a few troubleshooting questions about the problem you’re seeing:

1. It sounds like clicking the “Sign Up” button on the Axure Share website (share.axure.com) to register for an account doesn’t load the next page–is this right? Can you also describe what’s happening when you try creating an account through the “Create Account” tab in the Axure RP application?

2. What build of Axure RP and operating system version are you currently running?

3. Are you able to successfully navigate to and create an account for the customer portal at portal.axure.com?

4. Is the same issue occurring when using a different device or when connecting to a different network (such as a mobile phone’s cellular network)?

This information will hopefully help point us in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Hi,

thanks for getting back so fast.

I just found the solution: if my password contains certain characters (I’m guessing ’ or something similar causes the problem) that’s when I cannot sign up. I chose a different password and all worked fine. I’m using a password manager and randomly generated passwords and that’s why I did not realize that it can be a problem.

It should definitely be fixed though – using such password is considered best practice when it comes to the security of accounts, but at least some feedback would be welcome about what went wrong. And, to be honest, the worst case scenario is that there’s the possibility of an SQL injection (and thus a data breach) on that page: getting server errors when an input field contains some special chars is a quite typical sign of that. I did not have the time nor the will to explore it further but your security team should definitely take a look at it.

I am trying to answer your questions below though as it might help you do the debugging.

It sounds like clicking the “Sign Up” button on the Axure Share website (share.axure.com) to register for an account doesn’t load the next page–is this right?

That is correct, when I click “Sign up” the spinner appears next to the form entry field and nothing happens. If I take a peek at the JS console I see a JS error as a result of getting a reponse code 500 from the server. If I look at the requested URL, it says: An error occurred while processing your request. Please contact support@axure.com and reference error code f2cc4d64-bb39-4a46-93f7-76ceeaa58070 (the reference error code changes with every click).

Can you also describe what’s happening when you try creating an account through the “Create Account” tab in the Axure RP application?

It says “Unable to connect to Axure Share.”

What build of Axure RP and operating system version are you currently running?

Axure RP Pro 8.1.0.3372 on a Windows 7. As I wrote, the website fails on a wide variety of browsers and OSs – the problem seems to be on the server side.

Are you able to successfully navigate to and create an account for the customer portal at portal.axure.com?

The same thing happens there, too: 500 error codes from the server and failing to sign up/log in when the password contains special chars, all works fine if it doesn’t.

Is the same issue occurring when using a different device or when connecting to a different network (such as a mobile phone’s cellular network)?

Yep, the same thing has happened from at least 3 different networks – though all from the same geographic location.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for following up, and I’m glad to hear that you were able to successfully create an account!

From what you described, it looks like you were running into a bug we’ve seen where trying to register for an AxShare account with a special character in the password would throw an error. We have this bug on file and our QA team is investigating it further, so I’ll be updating the report with the details you’ve provided here. I can also see how giving feedback to the user if this occurs would be very helpful; I’ll go ahead and pass that suggestion along as well.