Sometimes clicks do not register in Axure RP 8 editor on High Sierra

Hi Alyssa,

The left mouse clicks are not registering.

Yes, I have an external monitor (extending display through HDMI port). Sometimes when I pull the window to my laptop screen everything works, but after awhile the left mouse clicks won’t start registering. It will take 2 to 4 clicks until it registers.

Axure Build: 8.1.0.336

Thanks for following up! From your description, it sounds like the issue initially occurs in the inspector pane and case editor when Axure RP is on the external monitor, and then temporarily works after moving the app to the laptop screen. If you wouldn’t mind, could you update to build 3370 and let us know whether you still see the issue there?

same here: left mouseklick doesn’t work in editor mouse. E.g. I can cklick the style editor, chose “fill”, colorpalette opens but i can’t click on any color. same with everything else, eg. i can open drop down for size but i can’t chose any size.

I updated the Axure version, still doesnt work. Now I have: Axure Build: 8.1.0.3372. don’t know what it was before.
I have an external monitor (usb-c)

it’s very frustrating =((

Hi thurnlar,

Hmm, to confirm, which OS are you using (e.g. macOS 10.13, or Windows 10)? I believe the clicking on macOS 10.13 should be fixed in the latest build, but there’s another issue that manifested recently on Windows 10 after the 1083 update that caused similar issues with applying changes from dropdowns when using an external monitor. If you happen to be on Windows 10 and started seeing issues after installing that Windows update, then please try updating to the release candidate build, 3376, to see if that does the trick for you.

Hopefully that helps, but do let us know if you still run into trouble!

Hi Alyssa,
Yap, wrong thread - you’re right… I’m actually working with Windows 10. Just tried the 3376 -> works perfectly well! thank you for the quick fix!

unlisted #27