Team Project crash issue

Hi,

i’m reporting this because in 2017 it has happened at least 3 times (last one 5 minutes ago…); at some point for some reason a team project of ours crush and currupt the .rp file; each and every time we try to:

• recover file from backup;
  • export team project to file;
  • delete and create new team project;
  • update Svn;
  • launch project (or file) from different workstation;

but none of these things work; our workstation are Win 10 based; the only (random thing) the seems to work is to move back to previous Axure Version uninstalling new one but as i said it’s a totally random solution (and i’m not sure this time will work);

does anyone have any clue? Is there some known bug i’m missing here that can help us prevent or address this one?
Thanks,

Hi krank,

What build of Axure RP 8 are you currently using? Is this the latest public build, 3355?

From your description, it sounds like the team projects that get corrupted are hosted on the same SVN server; does this server have vanilla configurations, with no hook scripts or anything similar running on it? Do you or your IT team know whether anything recently changed on the server at around the same time that this round of file corruption occurred? For example, was a scan run by any antivirus tools or other file scanners such as cleaning tools that might have modified files in the team repository? Do you encounter similar issues if you create a test team project on your desktop or on Axure Share?

It looks like you got an error message in Axure RP when the corruption happened; did this happen during a specific action, like editing a widget or saving a file? In order for us to take a look at the full error details, would you mind sending a copy of your Axure logs folder over to support@axure.com? On Windows, that’s located here:

C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0\logs

If you send a zipped copy of the “logs” folder then we can take a closer look to see what Axure RP is reporting when the errors occur. Thanks!

Hi Alyssa,

and thanks for your reply; i just sent the logs files at support@axure.com; about your other question l’ll ask my Sys Admin the full SVN config in order to answer your question; as far as i know:

• yes the corrupted team projects are on the same SVN server;
  • does this server have vanilla configurations, with no hook scripts or anything similar running on it? Do you or your IT team know whether anything recently changed on the server at around the same time that this round of file corruption occurred? For example, was a scan run by any antivirus tools or other file scanners such as cleaning tools that might have modified files in the team repository?
    I’ll ask about this but i can tell you that corruption is something that happens quite randomly;
  • Do you encounter similar issues if you create a test team project on your desktop or on Axure Share?
    So far, since we have our own SVN server, we haven’t create a team project on Axure Share but i’ll try even if you’ve got to understand that our issue doesn’t happen on a specific event or action but, mostly, all of a sudden; i mean, we worked on this project that got currupted for 2 months without issues; yesterday (1 day left to the deadline - thanks Mr Murphy!) it popped up the messagge i sent you attached to the previous message.
  • It looks like you got an error message in Axure RP when the corruption happened; did this happen during a specific action, like editing a widget or saving a file?
    As i said unfortunatly it’s totally random; the error message keeps popping up whether i try to save, publish, add a shape or pretty much whatever action i make.

I’ll let you know more about our server config to better address this;
thanks,

I forgot, we’re using the 8.1.0.3358

For anyone following up at home,

We were able to troubleshoot the issue via email. The problem was not specific to the SVN server, but to the specific file. One of the dynamic panels in their project had gotten into a bad state, which was causing continuous errors on 3358 (release candidate build) and 3355 (the public release build). We were able to get the project into a working state in both 3358 and 3355.

If anyone runs into a similar issue, please respond to the questions in Alyssa’s post here, along with sending us the exported .rp file, and we’ll take a closer look. Thanks!

closed #6

unlisted #7

archived #8