Unselect/ Select buttons

Hi Axure community !

I’m quite new at this, and trying to learn on my own, so I’ve been searching the forums a lot. I can’t seem to find an answer to what I want to accomplish, though.

I added a picture of the part of interface I’m working on so it can be more clear. I want to toggle selection of these buttons automatically. Basically, I want “citoyen” to unselect if “organisme” is selected. I don’t want users to select more than one option.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Hey Elilab09,

You need to select them both and right click to make a selection group,give it a name. And OnClick for each you would be setting the selected state to True.

Using selection auto toggles the state for all the widgets that are part of the selection group. Here is the link to the final output -

Home

ToggleTest.rp (61 KB)

Good Luck with your learning!

2 Likes

Ohhhh so easy ! Thank you so much ! :slight_smile:

I have another question I don’t know if you’d be able to help me also.

Right now, if I click out of the lightbox (the pop-up with “organismes” and “citoyens”) and one of the buttons was selected, it stays selected even when I reopen it. I would like it to unselect automatically when the user changes the interface by clicking elsewhere.

Thanks !

Hi elilab09,

You can do this by adding a “Set Selected” action to the lightbox’s OnHide event. Have that action set the “selected” state for both the “organismes” and “citoyens” widgets to “false”. With this setup, both widgets will be automatically unselected whenever the lightbox is hidden.

1. Select Both Widgets
  2. Right Click > Selection Group
  3. Name the group
  4. Click on each widget > go to Properties
  5. On Click = Selected > This Widget > Value = True (click okay)
    **do the same for the other widget
  6. then for each one, go to “Interaction Styles”, and click Selected
  7. Here, you can change the color of the text, text box, or outline
    *repeat for the other widget

Voila!