Update multicell table repeater from another repeater: many variables

advanced-prototyping
repeater-widget

Hi Axure community,

I have a table with 9 rows (numeric values in millimeters) by 15 columns (consecutive days of the week). Total 135 cells. Each cell is divided into 2 subcells (right and left) and can optionally store 1 small image in each “subcell”.

The user will click on one of the cells (based on today’s date) to bring a popup where they can enter details. This popup has 9 rows of input fields (numeric values in millimeters) for each right and left “subcells”. The user can enter a number from 1 to 14 into any of the fields.

When the user enters a number:

1. the repeater will load a small image with this number next to the respective field (those images are already stored in the repeater)
  2. this image will instantly populate the respective rows, cells and subcells of the table on the originally selected day

Then:

1. The user closes the popup, the data stays in the table and the input fields are cleared.
  2. The user clicks on any cell on any other day and repeats the same.

So basically I am trying to accurately fill any cell of the sheet from another repeater. Variables to keep in focus so the data goes to the right cell:

1. Date
  2. Subcells: right and left
  3. Size in mm
  4. Number of items and respective image preview

I spent an evening trying to find a solution and discovered one which works great on the first column (Aug 6). The user can enter or delete numbers from 1 to 4 in both left and right and data is transferred/updated correctly. But this approach is not scalable at all because only for one side to support numbers from 1 to 4 on Aug 6 I had to create 37 conditions. Meaning 160 conditions to support 1 day and 1 side. And Axure has already started lagging and the file size has grown significantly.

This is what happens when you click on a cell:

This is what happens when you enter new values:

Lt 10.1 mm 1 f means:
Lt = Left (can also be right)
10.1 mm = 10 mm on day 1 of 15 (I have them from 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 until 10.15, and it goes like 10, 12, 14, 16… 26)
1 f = user enters number 1 (should be from 1 to 14)

Can anyone please review and suggest a better way of handling this functionality?

Please see the attached file and link for preview:
https://74zdd0.axshare.com

Axure RP file on Google Drive

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

I’m not sure if I understand your thoughts enough.So I only kept the components I needed.

Unbelievable, this works great. I am trying to learn how you implemented this but again this is just phenomenal! I can’t thank you enough for this, @Jorkin.
The only thing is that I somehow cannot enter the numerical values using the keyboard, but clearing all the cases of these input fields resolved this issue for me.
How long did it take you to build this from scratch? Would be an eternity for me.

Fixed version:
Table_Jorkin.rp (231.9 KB)

At the beginning, I used fifteen dynamic panel states to display numbers, but browser started to be sluggish.
So, it took me some time to make that picture. :slight_smile: