Hi Axure community,
I have a table with 9 rows (numeric values in millimeters) by 15 columns (consecutive days of the week). Total 135 cells. Each cell is divided into 2 subcells (right and left) and can optionally store 1 small image in each “subcell”.
The user will click on one of the cells (based on today’s date) to bring a popup where they can enter details. This popup has 9 rows of input fields (numeric values in millimeters) for each right and left “subcells”. The user can enter a number from 1 to 14 into any of the fields.
When the user enters a number:
- the repeater will load a small image with this number next to the respective field (those images are already stored in the repeater)
- this image will instantly populate the respective rows, cells and subcells of the table on the originally selected day
- The user closes the popup, the data stays in the table and the input fields are cleared.
- The user clicks on any cell on any other day and repeats the same.
So basically I am trying to accurately fill any cell of the sheet from another repeater. Variables to keep in focus so the data goes to the right cell:
- Subcells: right and left
- Size in mm
- Number of items and respective image preview
I spent an evening trying to find a solution and discovered one which works great on the first column (Aug 6). The user can enter or delete numbers from 1 to 4 in both left and right and data is transferred/updated correctly. But this approach is not scalable at all because only for one side to support numbers from 1 to 4 on Aug 6 I had to create 37 conditions. Meaning 160 conditions to support 1 day and 1 side. And Axure has already started lagging and the file size has grown significantly.
This is what happens when you click on a cell:
This is what happens when you enter new values:
Lt 10.1 mm 1 f means:
Lt = Left (can also be right)
10.1 mm = 10 mm on day 1 of 15 (I have them from 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 until 10.15, and it goes like 10, 12, 14, 16… 26)
1 f = user enters number 1 (should be from 1 to 14)
Can anyone please review and suggest a better way of handling this functionality?
Please see the attached file and link for preview:
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!