Using google maps within prototype

newbie-question

Hi there,

I wanted to know that is it possible to embed google maps within a prototype (other than using it as an image, so that one can search location etc.)

I have with success used an iframe with external content embedded.

To supplement cyberioten’s recommendation for using inline frames to embed your Google Maps, here’s the link to the inline frame reference page that should help get that set up:

Inline Frame Widgets

For customized google maps, can they be embedded.

you can build a html page with the customization stuff, host it somewhere and link to that page in an inline frame.

hey i got a problem while using Axshare, so in desktop the maps has show up but on axshare it didn’t show up (blank). Is there a bug? Thanks before :smiley:

Hi SteffYoung,

Hmm, I’m seeing that google maps are working in inline frames in both preview and on Axure Share in the latest build of Axure RP 8. When you link to the google map, are you using the embed code rather than the share code? Also, when you view your prototype on Axure Share, do you have any ad blocking extensions enabled? Do you see the same issue in all browsers?

Hi, im quite new to Axure but im trying to create an app prototype with an ‘online’ google map with interactive ‘fixed’ hotspots embedded, how could i create that on an inline frame if there`s no preview of the map both in Axure nor on the browser? Or is it only possible to do that with a map image?..Thanks in advance.

Hi, we’ve provided a couple of suggestions over on your other post: Icons move out of place when I drag the map