Using repeater to choose a member in one textbox. Once the member chosen, associated fax number to displayed on the other text box

I am using repeater to choose a member in one of the textbox. Once the member chosen, associated fax number to be displayed on the other text box. How can I do so?

Elaborating the scenario.

Showing 2 text boxes on one page adjacent to each other.

First textbox is having a capability to chose member using repeater.

Once the user is selected in one textbox. I need to show an associated fax number to be displayed on Second textbox,

Is it feasible to do so? If not feasible from repeater, how can I use the alternate option?

Kindly help me.

Regards

Yes, this is a good use of a repeater. Here is a quick demo based on what I understand from your description.

repeater with member-fax.rp (54.9 KB)

This example uses a repeater for a custom droplist. The repeater datasheet has two columns: Member and FaxNumber. It only displays the Member (name) data. When a repeater item is clicked, it sets the text of the “boxMember” widget to the value in the Member column, and the text of the “boxFax” widget to the value in the FaxNumber column.

Thank you very much. Your script helped me. I added the column name in repeater as faxNumber and then set item.faxNumber on my other box.

And it worked like charm with your help. Thank you so much.

Regards

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.