Using Screen Recording software, e.g. Hotjar, with axure mockups

Does anybody have a work around?

I am trying to use screen recording software to track client behavior and experience with my mockups … but the software(s) will not work (the script I plug in from the recorder provider) as apparently all the screens made by axure are identified as “iframes”.

Has anybody had any success in getting around this “iframes” issue?

Thank you.

I think you should provide some more information. What device you are using and what is the screen recording app you are using. Otherwise no one can knows what alternatives to offer.

The only 3rd-party tool i have gotten to work without issue was UserSnap. Everything else I tried would result in broken recordings. Take a look: https://usersnap.com/features

Something you can also try doing is to link to the direct HTML (or use pretty URLs) of the prototype. This will remove the prototype player which uses an iframe to enable some extra features.

You can remove the prototype player and link to the direct HTML by using the format below:

prototypeID.axshare.com/page_name.html

One possible workaround for the issue you are experiencing with screen recording software not working properly with Axure screens identified as iframes is to try a different screen recording tool. Some screen recording software may have better compatibility with Axure and handle iframes more effectively. Its worth exploring alternative options and checking for user reviews or recommendations from others who have successfully used screen recording softwares with Axure mockups.