Viewport tag not working on Axure Share

viewport test.rp (44.9 KB)

I’ve published this project to Axure Share with a custom viewport width of 720. It’s just a gray box set to 720px wide.

For some reason, when I open the Axshare link on my Android device, the page source still shows the viewport tag as:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

Does Axure Share not respect the publish values set in Axure RP 8? I’m trying to view a prototype of mine on my Google Pixel XL, which has a viewport of 411 x 731. My prototype appears “zoomed in” because it’s 720 wide. Anybody know how to fix this?

OK, I’ve solved the problem.

With the no sidebar (c=2), an Axure Share page respects the viewport settings. With the sidebar open or minimized (c=1) , the page ignores viewport settings.

This is kind of a shame, as it would be useful to use some of the sidebar features on mobile.

If you’re viewing your prototype on a mobile device and are able to use the Axure Share app, then that should also allow you to view the prototype at the correct size, while still being able to triple tap to bring up the sidebar if you want to use that to navigate. Hopefully that helps!