Waiting for files to upload....eternity

When I upload any more than 1 page to my team file it takes forever to upload and at some point it crashes(not responding). These files aren’t very big at all, no tables, 5-6 pages at the most, no images or heavy graphics, just lofi wireframes.

This is ridiculous. Please fix your performance or tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

I have the same problem. It doesn’t matter what design I do, what kind of mockups, simple or complicated. By clicking check in I never know if an axure will crash or not. This is very compromising if you work with a large customer. It also prevents usability testing in the RITE method.

The worst thing is that the axure hangs in such a way that it can not be closed, the only thing you can do is hard reset your macbook. Which takes a long time.

Some time ago I was wondering why all companies are switching to other design platforms that have fewer options than axure. Until now I thought it was about savings. It turns out that this is not the case! Axure is simply very erratic and unstable, you just can’t rely on it.

Hi Milomi,

What version of macOS is your computer running, and are you currently running the latest build of Axure RP 9? In the past months we’ve been working on resolving issues with team project performance, so if you haven’t updated already we’d recommend doing so. If you are up to date with the latest fixes and still see issues, then there’s some info we’d like for you to send over to support@axure.com to help:

1. When the checkin process hangs, is it happening for checking in a single page or multiple pages? Does a single page work better than several?

2. Does this mostly happen with projects that perhaps have a lot of dynamic panels or masters on the pages being checked in?

3. If you open the Activity Monitor during this process, what’s the CPU usage like?

4. If there’s a specific file that is acting up and you’re able to share a copy of it, could you send it over so that we can check? This will help to confirm if the issue is specific to something in the file structure or your network/machine.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the answer

My macbook:

macOS Catalina
version 10.15.3 (19D76)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz Dual core processor Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

1. It hangs at one page and at many. It does not matter. If it hangs, it stops working. So the behavior is the same for one page and for many pages.
  2. 0 masters. I do not know what it means “a lot of dynamic panels”. I counted for a project that crashes to me, for example, I have a project: 6 pages, on each 0 masters and about 12 panels.
  3. I will check it at the earliest opportunity.
  4. Unfortunately, these are mock-ups for the client, I can’t share them. If the problem appears in some internal project, I will send such a mock-up.

Best

Hi Milomi,

Thanks for that followup! It’s helpful to know that you see the same behavior regardless of how many pages get checked in at once. I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug report with QA to help track and diagnose this specific issue where checking in changes from RP 9 team projects seems to hang. To help on this end, would you mind emailing your Axure RP logs over so that we can take a look and see if there’s a common theme in the logs for when team projects hang? On Mac, if you open the Finder and use the “Go > Go to Folder” menu you can paste the path below to reach the logs:

~/Library/Application Support/Axure/Axure-9-0/logs

If you can zip up all of the files in that folder and send them to support@axure.com we can take a look! If you can also confirm which build of Axure RP 9 you’re currently on (“Help > About Axure RP”) and let us know what size the .rpteam file is then that would help as we’re diagnosing the issue. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer. I have sent logs to the email address you provided.
My axure v. is: 9.0.0.3686
First project that hangs is 12 MB, second 4,3 MB.

Best

Thank you, we’ve received it! We’ll be following up shortly after looking over the logs

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.