I started experiencing performance problems with Axure 9 on my Windows 10 based machine recently:
About every 20-30 seconds the program hangs out for a while (freezes, can’t type or move mouse), even with a plain new file after a fresh installation and while doing very basic operations: create box, type in text, drag, scroll, etc.
It will even freeze when I’m typing a new name, while in the Save dialog, if I stay there too much.
I started using v9 somewhere in Q4 2019 and I’m positive it used to work fine even with complex files.
I do not have the same problems with Axure 8 - I have both version installed.
I downloaded and tried with version Axure RP 126.96.36.19955 from July 16, 2019, but with the same effect so I concluded it is a problem on my side.
Any advise how to troubleshoot this to discover what is causing the problem?
Is there a cache or potential corrupted application files I need to delete manually when uninstalling?
Can I monitor Axure performance somehow to discover what is happening every other 20 seconds to makes it hang out?
As a hardware I’m using a Razer Blade 2016 (GTX 1060) laptop with the most recent updates for Window 10 Home Edition. I did not made any other software changes, but Windows update, Axure updates and display drivers updates.
Some of the things I tried without success:
- Use a new empty file for testing
- Switch to older version from January 2020
- Switch to older version from July 2019
- Unistrall/reinstall latest version
- Sing out from Cloud
- Uninstall Razer Cortex optimization software
- Unplug my external monitor and use the application only with my Laptop
- Change graphic adapters
- Update NVidia display drivers
- Switch all graphics settings from quality to performance
- Change power optimization settings to maximum performance
- Use different color profile (Adobe RGB, Apple RGB, etc.)
Any other potential actions I could take to try and fix this?