Build 10.0.0.3882 (arm64) won't stop Generating

Just updated and restarted the application, but now the file I’ve been working on for a couple of weeks is now stuck in Generating mode. I saved the file with a new name and it worked OK but when I did a restart on my Mac and tried to upload again after making some changes on one page the stuck Generating box is back. The file is about 40 Mb.

Hi @stephenwho,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been encountering those errors and would be happy to assist with this! Please write into support@axure.com with the following information below:

As a first troubleshooting step to getting your updates published, are you able to publish directly from Axure Cloud? I have included our reference pages with instructions on how to do so here.

Does the issue occur to all files, including newly created ones? If it only occurs to this specific file, please send us a copy of the affected .rp file as well so we can take a look.

It may help to double-check any network security settings like VPNs, proxies, or firewalls to ensure our Axure domains are not being blocked. If you have access to an IT team, you may need to contact them to ensure the domains below have been whitelisted.

app.axure.cloud*
www.axure.com/portal*
accounts.axure.com/user/*
portal.axure.com*

If the issue persists, please provide your “error_log” and “post_log” files from the path below so we can take a look at any errors RP is picking up:

Mac (open the Finder and use “Go > Go to Folder” to paste the file path):

~/Library/Application Support/Axure/Axure-10-0/logs