Calculation on disable textfield

Hi everyone

I have a life insurance UI design project and I have 2 disabled textField (input type is number) that must show to calculated number.
I added variables to my project, wrote the calculation formulation and set variable to textfields but calculated numbers does not show.

how can i fix this problem?

InsuranceTextFields

No need to use variables here, unless you need to keep track of those values for something else. Just use the “text changed” interaction on the enabled field to change the values of the disabled fields.

Here’s an example: text-field-calculations.rp (51.4 KB)

Ha! @lshillman just beat me to the punch. I was just about to post a demo file showing how to do this with and without variables. The latter was was about identical, so I’ll just show the “with variables” version. I included a “submit” button assigned to the “X” text field, so user can either click it or press Enter on keyboard to perform the calculation manually.
text-field-calculations-alternate.rp (46.2 KB)

Basically, there is nothing special about getting or setting properties (like the text value) of a disabled widget. Likely, you have some bug in your interaction code, …maybe you are pointing to the wrong widgets, or setting the text field values before setting the variables?

I had designed exactly the same as you except that i mistakenly added a case on disable field.
thank you very munch. :pray:

the way you solve my problem is correct but i don’t want to use a button named “caculate”. but thanks a lot.

Both of you solved my problem perfectly. I am really grateful. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.