Feature Request: Auto-switch between Pages and Outline

The constant jumps between Pages and Outline, specially because of dynamic-panel states, would be much more natural if these tabs could switch automatically.

Logical triggers could be:

• In Pages, selecting/double-clicking any widget of an opened page = Switch to Outline: the click on a widget of an opened page suggests intent towards its contents, so the Outline list turns far more relevant than the Page list.
  • In Outline, ESC key with nothing selected = Switch to Pages: conversely, escaping the top level of a page suggests the need for a broader view of the Page tab.

Judging by the huge number of times I switch these tabs manually, always with these logical triggers in mind, I believe this small feature can benefit a lot of people considerably in the end of the day.

Thanks!

Another trigger idea:

• In Outline, after closing all opened pages: then the list of Pages turns very relevant.

This switch is a tiny idea, which big effect can only be seen through the extent of clicks it could save after many hours of continuous work.

I made some images to try to lay it out a little bit better :wink::

I just stick to this idea because of the huge impacte it would make to my day, and probably for others too.