Getting the complete height of a scrollable dynamic panel

Friends,

Is there a way to get the complete height of a scrollable dynamic panel by using events other than scrolling?

Thanks!

What do you mean by “get the complete height”? Do you want to get the height dimension of all the content in a dynamic panel, or just be able to see all the content in a dynamic panel, or something else? Do you have an example you could describe or post or link to?

To calculate the height of all content in a dynamic panel, I would recommend using nested dynamic panels. The outer dynamic panel acts a mask or viewport, as its dimensions define the viewable area for content inside it. Inside this dynamic panel you can select all widgets and create a dynamic panel, keeping the default “Fit to Content” style option checked on. This is useful even if you have only one widget–especially a repeater or anything that might get resized dynamically. Then, all you have to do is refer to the .height property of this “inner” or “content” dynamic panel. For example, [[LVAR1.height]] where LVAR1 is a local variable pointing to the inner dynamic panel widget.

By ‘complete height’ I intended to describe a dynamic panel with a scrollable area outside of the viewport. I think you already got it right. Thanks much as always!

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.