Has Axure considered integrating ChatGPT?

Has Axure considered integrating ChatGPT? To assist product managers in writing interactive code, quickly generating content to fill tables and text components.

This is an opportunity for Axure, it can greatly improve productivity.

im interested in this. Has anyone successfuly connected to a GPT API using axure?

I think implied in this ask are two major features that would greatly improve the capabilities of Axure regardless of a ChatGPT integration:

1. An ability to just write interactions, either with plain javascript or some sort of other scripting syntax like lua

Often when I have a bunch of complex interactions on a shape I start to wish I could just type it in, or copy-paste it from a template instead of having to click everywhere.

ChatGPT does a decent job at writing javascript, it’s not perfect but it’s okay. I’ve spent a lot of time in the last year playing with LLMs, I’d say 80% of that time is experimenting with code generation of some sort. I’ve found that it kind of falls over it you ask if to do anything too complex or too verbose or if it misunderstands the intent of your input. I think it would do a better job at writing out javascript than any “interactions language” Axure invented. I’m not 100% but I have the feeling that Interaction logic is translated to javascript when exported, not interpreted from javascript. I think that interpreter is the really hard part.

If you’re also curious about code generation with ChatGPT, I have a number of prompts I’ve experimented with on GitHub. Much of it is Unity C#-focused, but it works just as well if you ask it to write Javascript

1. A generic way to send and receive information between web APIs and then use a response in Axure shapes.

I can imagine the complexity and rework involved in order to implement this and have it work with all the existing Axure features, it’s probably why we haven’t seen it already. If they pulled it off, though, it would be a game changer.

I think the concept of a “data layer” is the one of the few things that competitors like Figma and UXPin do better. Axure still has the lead in just about every other feature. But nearly every day I wish I could connect a repeater to a JSON response, or have shapes respond in some way to data pulled from the internet. It’d be faster to build and easier to maintain things over time.