How to skew a rectangle?

Hello,

Could someone clarify if it´s possible to skew a rectangle in Axure RP?

The Widget Style Manager don´t has CSS transforms and I can´t import custom stylesheets to my project.

Best regards

Hi! There isn’t a “skew” feature per say, but if you need something beyond rotation, flipping, and adjusting a widget’s width/height, then you can right-click a widget and choose “Convert to Custom Shape”; this will allow you more control as you edit the now-custom shape.

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/vector-drawing#editing_custom_shapes

There are also a few transformations that may come in handy:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/vector-drawing#transformations

Hopefully that helps a bit!

Yes, Alyssa, it helps! Thank you!

But I had to mess with “point” because my context menu didn´t show the “convert to custom shape” option.
Notice that I am using Axure RP 9. This options was removed from context menu?

Best regards,

Thiago

Hi Thiago!

The “Edit Points” option has replaced “Convert to Custom Shape” in Axure RP 9. You can find the “Edit Points” option in the context menu by right-clicking on your shape widget.

In addition, you can click along the border of the widget to enter point-editing mode directly! Your cursor will change to the point tool when you’re along the widget’s border.

Nice, Chelsea and Rachel!

Thanks for your help :wink:

@Alyssa_Axure has this been fixed in Axure RP 10?

The feature is still the same as it was in RP 9. Depending on what you’re trying to do, adding a shape to the canvas and using Right Click > Select Shape can help you to get closer to the shape you want to make. To further customize a shape, you can Right Click > Edit Points to access the points for the shape, which will allow you to transform it by dragging the points.

To add on, if you Shift-Click to select multiple points this allows you to modify both of those points at the same time, which hopefully is closer to what you’re looking for. Here is a quick demo showing how this would be done.

:slight_smile: Thank you.

Good explanation and demo video on how to it in Axure RP 10.

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.