Passing rows between 3 different repeaters

repeater-widget

So I’m mocking up a webstore with lots of moving parts. I’ve been trying to figure out how to move rows between repeaters. I’ve successfully been able to copy rows from Repeater 1 to Repeater 2 with a button. My next goal is to do the same from Repeater 3 into Repeater 2. In the end, I would need to show items added from Repeater 1 and Repeater 3 simultaneously in Repeater 2. I started out doing what I thought would work, but it seems like there’s some sort of conflict. I’m not familiar enough with Axure to figure out what that might be though. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have my Axure file attached. There’s a lot going on, but the parts involved in this issue are all on the “Mixes/Cart/Custom Name” page.

Trail Mix Website.rp (9.3 MB)

You’re right. There is a lot going on in here. :grinning:

It’s hard for me to tell but, because you’re using Page Loads to trigger what dynamic panel state to switch to you’re resetting the repeaters back to their original state, is if someone was going to the page for the very first time.

You have the logic to add a row to the “Cart” repeater from the “Mixes” repeater and that works. You can see it if you switch to the Cart panel without refreshing the page. If you want to populate the “Cart” repeater, you need to have some logic to add it. EX:
PAGE LOADED
If value of "ItemsInCart" does not equal ""
Add Rows "Cart Repeater"
and then use what ever global variables you want to populate the row.

You’re a genius!! My professor and I were both under the assumption that I should have any issues with 3 repeaters, and this explains so much. Thank you!!

:smile: No problem.

Repeaters can be a little tricky to get a handle on at first. One of the community members put together a pretty thorough tutorial on them not too long ago: Axure’s Repeater Widget. This article walks through examples… | by Joseph Brick | Medium

If you start feeling adventurous, there’s some threads on the forum about people wanting to do some pretty elaborate stuff with the “shopping cart” concept.

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.