I’ve been trying to create a text field where the user can add a short code for their bank. For some reason, I just can’t seem to wrap my head around the right approach. I’ve read the tutorial on repeaters, read basically every topic that had a similar case and tried the solutions provided. But still, I’m not getting any closer to the result. At this point, I’m just scared I’m overseeing some very basic stuff.
I have a text field where the user can add a short code for a bank.
- They are always four alphabetic characters, capitalized
- They can not be anything else than what I’ve added to the repeater
- User can type them with the keyboard or tap on one of the three suggestions below the text field
- If the user taps on the suggestion, I set it as the text on the text field
- If the user starts typing, the suggestions need to update to the closed matching suggestion, starting from the first character. For example: the first three suggestions are ABNA, RABO and INGB. If the user types ‘A’, ABNA stays, RABO and INGB are updated with other suggestions from the repeater starting with ‘A’. The user adds an ‘S’ -> ABNA gets removed and ASNB, the now closest matching bank in the repeater gets shown
I’m struggling with this last part. What ever I try, as soon as I start typing, no results show. What am I doing wrong? I’ve added a very basic setup of the text field. I believe it’s something with how I write the expression. I’ve tried several that I’ve found on the forum and adjusted them to my own case, but none work.
[[item.Column0.indexOf(text.this) >= 0]]
Add Bank.rp (60.2 KB)